One of my main reasons for starting a blog was to connect with an online community and in the few short weeks that and then monday has been around, I’ve already met so many amazing people across the world! If you’re putting off starting a blog – what are you waiting for? Get going! Just starting writing! I guarantee you, you won’t regret it!
Leading others and connecting through conversation have always been two of my passions (seriously, I was the kid that didn’t know a stranger and now as an adult, I’m always signing up for volunteer boards and leadership roles) and a few weeks ago I was presented with the perfect opportunity to capitalize on my skills while bringing an amazing group of women together.
If you’re thinking about starting a blog, have just recently launched, or are getting ready to go live – check out my community on Facebook called Brand New Blogger Babes!
It’s a place for tips, tricks, resources, support, and general good vibes!
I’m so proud of what our little community has established already. This group is not just a follow for follow train or constant promo threads but instead a place where I see real women spending their time to help out others. Someone who considers themselves a WordPress wizard is answering questions while at the same time someone else is helping a new blogger understand how to get started with affiliate marketing. It’s been a great resource to me already to bounce ideas off some of these great women and everyone is so genuine & encouraging. Community not competition, that’s what it’s all about.
What can you expect from our bad-ass awesome tribe?
• We share our blog posts on three different threads a week. This is the perfect time to ask for a second set of eyes or some comments on a recent post. I’ve really enjoyed connecting with others through this feature and recently got more engagement on one of my posts as a result of sharing. I let everyone know that I really wanted to work with the brand mentioned in my post and could use a little extra love before I sent them a link to the page! And what would you know but a few women left great comments and I was all to happy to go to their blog and return the favor. I’ll say it again – Community not competition, that’s what it’s all about.
• We have a virtual monthly book club. This month’s book is The Brand Gap by Marty Neumeier. We’ll all connect mid August to ask questions and discuss how we’re positioning and branding our blogs! Talk about a great way to stay accountable!
• We’re frequently adding to the Resource Library – a collection of awesome documents that include favorite stock photography memberships, social media seminars, Instagram guides, and examples of one-sheets and media kits. As the group grows and members submit documents they’ve found helpful, I know this is going to be one of the most valuable components of our online community.
• The discussion feed is filled with questions, answers, polls, and advice daily!
• We have a contact sheet for anyone looking to connect with other bloggers in their niche or for new social accounts or blogs to check out.
• New promotions are in the works! I’m finalizing some fun programs that will allow our group to get the most out of our resources! The first promo is a Mentor Monday – a guest blogger who is already established or killing a certain aspect of the online game – is going to guest moderate and do a Q&A for the group on Mondays. If you have a blogger you’d like to hear from, please submit their name and blog contact to me by leaving a comment!
So what ARE you waiting for? Let me know in the comments if there’s something that’s holding you back from following through with your blogging dreams or if you’re ready to get to work – join us over in Brand New Blogger Babes! I can’t wait to meet you and learn more about your journey!